The school has a rich and broad bilingual curriculum in both English and Spanish and covers the following areas of concentration:
• PRE READING AND READING
• PRE WRITING AND WRITING
• MUSIC & MOVEMENT
• SMALL GROUP LEARNING ACTIVITIES
• GROUP TIME
• OUTDOOR PLAY
• LARGE MOTOR SKILL BUILDING
• QUALITY LITERATURE
• FIELD TRIPS
Kinderland Montessori School’s philosophy is one that acknowledges and respects the uniqueness of each child in a bilingual environment. It also supports the belief that a child’s strong sense of self esteem comes from experiencing success within an age appropriate environment enhanced by a rich, stimulating academic curriculum. We are interested in helping each child to fulfill his potential.
The curriculum engages children’s learning in all developmental areas with Montessori materials, text books, as well as with other didactic materials, while at the same time allowing for individual differences in learning styles and encouraging creativity through a variety of experiences.
Our overall goals for the children in our program are: a strong sense of self-confidence and self-esteem, development of the whole child with emphasis on social/emotional skills and independence while at the same time preparing them for the academic challenges in the future.
DEVELOPMENT OF SELF CONFIDENCE AND SELF ESTEEM
• Positive identity and self respect.
• Empowerment to make choices.
• Taking initiative.
• Expressing creativity.
• Willingness to risk.
• Feeling autonomous and self reliant.
• Expressing needs, feelings and ideas.
DEVELOPMENT OF SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL SKILLS
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
• Cooperating in play and work
• Developing trust in peers and adults
• Belonging to and participating in groups
• Becoming a leader and a follower
• Expressing feelings
• Developing good listening skills
• Making friends, being friends and sharing friends
• Having fun!
DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHOLE CHILD
• Social/Emotional skills.
• Communication skills.
• Language development.
• Physical skills.
• Intellectual abilities/Cognitive skills.
THE VALUES AND GOALS WE USE TO IMPLEMENT OUR PHILOSOPHY
• Maintain a SAFE, supportive, and stimulating bilingual environment.
• Facilitate learning through Montessori materials as well as academic exercises.
• Respect children’s uniqueness and recognize and celebrate individual differences.
• Create a trusting, predictable environment.
• Development of an environment that says “YES” to exploring, experimenting, discovering, and having fun with friends and being a child!.
• Emphasis on the “process” (which is the immersion in the “doing”) rather than the “product” when it comes to ART.
• Use of positive language.
• Model empathy and compassion.
• Encourage children to take risks.
• Help children make a balance of choices.
• Keep a sense of humor and create laughter.
• Provide a “child-centered atmosphere” which evolves from the interests of the children as well as successfully planned and implemented units provided by the teachers therefore the child feels in his/her comfort zone at all times.
• Cultivate curriculum which is continually developed and revised to ensure a variety of developmentally appropriate bilingual experiences for children.
We have 4 primary classrooms, each classroom has two teachers: one teacher speaks English and the teacher's assistant speaks Spanish.
We also have one toddler classroom for ages 24-36 months.
1 nest classroom ages 3 to 24 months.
1 lower elementary classroom & 1 upper Elementary classroom.
We have lovely outdoor grass areas with large trees that provide shade and 3 safe playgrounds for each age group. Beautiful gardening area and orchard. Children love being outdoors, and when they see ours, they hardly ever want to leave!.